Hello new and old readers!! Welcome to Confessions of a Southern Legal Diva…..again! Here are 10 random facts about me.
- I am a southern girl through and through. I was born in Alabama and have been living in Mississippi for most of my life. I wouldn’t dream of living anywhere else other than the South…..but my stay in Mississippi is nearing it’s end.
- I’m very opinionated and don’t mind sharing those opinions with anyone who asks. BUT I am very shy. It takes me a while to warm up to people. This makes people think that I am stuck up when they first meet me when I am actually just warming up to them.
- I haven’t cut my hair since 2000. I had a very bad haircut in the 11th grade when my hairstylist took me from mid-back length to ear length and blamed it on split ends. (ummm….you’ve been doing my hair for THIS long and you let it get that way. Yea, right….) I keep it trimmed, but I have a panic attack anytime someone gets too close to my head with scissors.
- I was a band geek. I played clarinet, bass clarinet, and tenor saxophone from the 5th grade all throughout college. I took lessons, did competitions, and even minored in music in college. I love music and all things that come with it. Which brings me to…..
- I am a member of the wonderful Sigma Alpha Iota, International Music Fraternity for Women. I crossed on a line of 7 young ladies on April 28, 2002. Sisterhood is wonderful in any form or fashion. I have always had to defend my Greek choices to those in the Divine Nine….but I wouldn’t change it for the world. EeeeeOTA!
- I love football! I live and breathe NCAA and NFL football. I get sad after the Super Bowl and I follow off season news all the way until the preseason starts. My favorite pro team is the Carolina Panthers and my favorite college team is the Ole Miss Rebels.
- I love to cook. It probably sounds old fashioned, but being in the kitchen calms me. I hate to clean though. Washing dishes is not really my thing.
- I am a serial monogamist. I do some casual dating but I thrive in relationships….until they end and then I am back to casual dating.
- I love to read. Curling up with a good book is the perfect ending to a day. I am currently reading. What Keeps Me Standing by Dennis Kimbro.
- I am a Twitter addict. If I’m not tweeting, I’m reading tweets. I tend to have a lot to say.
Check out my concurrent Tumblr challenge —> Diva is a Female Version of a Hustler