Happy New Year!!! I know it’s late but it’s better late than never, lol. Every time that I start to blog something keeps holding me back. I don’t want this to be a part time thing…so I am urging myself to do better lol.
Most people start off every year with a list of New Year’s resolutions. I can’t with a straight face do that anymore. I tend to break everything that I call a resolution. That being said, I have a list of workable goals that I want to accomplish throughout the year 2011 and beyond. This list is as follows:
- Pass the Mississippi Bar Exam. This has got to happen THIS YEAR. If it doesn’t then my whole law school experience has been in vain. I have been consistently close to passing, but no dice. I have to be a fully licensed attorney or I feel like I will stuck in mediocrity. I know that it has been said that you can get any job you want with a law degree…..but this is total bullshit. In today’s economy, the only thing a law degree does is scare regular employers off because they don’t want to pay you what you are really worth. So by April, I hope to be flashing my bar card.
- To get a job that doesn’t have me living paycheck to paycheck. I am 27 with no kids. Why in the hell am I just barely getting by? I am not living beyond my means. I gave up shopping for the most part and am only splurging rarely. Much more than the amount of money I make, I need a job that makes me feel fulfilled. I think that #1 will help out with this. I also need a job with benefits and I need job security. I’ve been laid off. That shit is not cute.
- To lose weight gradually. My goal is to get down to about 140 pounds. Since I have started my weight loss journey, I have lost about 5 of those, lol. I want to be a healthier, better me. It has nothing to do with what I look like. I think I am a pretty young thing already….I just want to enhance what I have. I also need to fix things before they get out of hand. I don’t want diabetes, heart disease, or anything of the like to get me.
- To read more. I have always had an amazing love of books. Seems like being in law school pushed that to the side with the nearly 400 pages of assignment material every two days. I would love to make the time to read more and get that back.
- To blog more. Today is the first step. My blog throughout the years has always been more personal than informational. It has been like my public diary. Because I haven’t been doing this, I have been holding a lot of stuff in…..leading me to stress more.
- To go to church regularly. The Sunday after Christmas was my first time setting foot in a church since September. I know that’s probably terrible. I have not been able to find what I am looking for when I go to church. Sermons at the church I used to go to are always focused on some particular person inside. They are homophobic and way out of touch with the real world. I am seriously going to find me a church home for 2011 and start to get closer to God.
- To move
awayFAR AWAY from Oxford. I love Oxford. I have lived here on my own for 6 years. All of my best memories were made here. BUT it is time to go experience something different. I am SO ready to leave here. I want to come back and visit and I ultimately want to own rental property here. Living here has been a crutch to me because family is so close. I need to really strike out and do this thing by myself.
So those are my goals. I most likely am going to add to this list between now and December 31st. What are your goals? What are you working on this year?