I turned 30 on August 6th. This was an age that I have been dreading for A WHILE. For some reason, 30 just seemed old to me. I also dreaded turning 30 for the simple fact that I am nowhere near where my 22 year old self thought I would be right now. Then I turned 30 and something magical happened. I feel as if I got a fresh start. I feel sexier. For the first time, I am truly comfortable with myself and who I am….like a switch got flipped.
There are some things that I definitely want to do before I turn 40. Since this is just year one…I have plenty of time. I figure why not give myself 30 things to accomplish.
1. Pass the bar exam. Any bar exam!
2. Move out of the state of Mississippi.
3. Get a passport.
4. Travel outside of the United States.
5. Visit all 50 states (airports DO NOT count).
6. Get married.
7. Have a baby.
8. Get a tattoo.
9. Find a job that I love.
10. Be debt free.
11. Get a LL.M. in either entertainment or family law.
12. Go to Carolina Panthers football game in Bank of America stadium.
13. Learn to swim.
14. Get off blood pressure medication.
15. Buy a house.
16. Dye my hair. (I’ve never EVER changed my natural hair color)
17. Go ice skating.
18. Experience a real white Christmas. That includes snow that lasts until the next day. Will travel for said Christmas.
19. Go to a strip club.
20. Experience a weekend in Vegas.
21. Spend New Year’s Eve in NYC.
22. Get an autographed jersey from Cam Newton. I don’t care how much it costs.
23. Get a professional massage.
24. Take my dad on a real vacation.
25. Visit a therapist. (I need to at least see if issues I have are real or imagined)
26. Visit my mother’s grave site. (Haven’t been since we put her there. I just can’t seem to go)
27. Find job where I feel fulfilled. (I know this sounds like #9)
28. Be more outspoken.
29. Laugh more.
30. Develop a deeper connection with God.
I have 10 years to get this done. Some of these are objective. Some of these don’t even go together….but it’s totally me!